DANGER OF SHOCK

IN modern house-lighting off a public supply, the current usually is alternating current at a pressure of about 240 volts. This pressure is sufficiently high to give anyone who touches a bare live conductor, or any metal part connected directly with it, a severe and even fatal shock. The reader is therefore warned to open … Read more

Electric Bells

In some households electric bells and their circuits are regarded as troublesome fitments. But the blame more often than not rests Avith the householder: and, when all is said, the bell operated by a pull and a complicated system of wires and cranks is liable to cause more vexation. Witness the two facts that in … Read more