– Black radish is rich in B-complex vitamins and Vitamin C.
– Black radish juice has a powerful stimulating effect on liver, intestinal and gallbladder functions. Recommended for cases of liver insufficiency, constipation and difficult digestion.
– Black radish also contains substances (indols, phenols and flavonoids) that seem to help prevent certain types of cancer (notably cancer of the large intestine, stomach, lungs, esophagus, larynx, pharynx, prostate and mouth).
– Rich in sulphur, black radish makes bronchial and sinus secretions more fluid, and therefore easier to eliminate.
– Black radish disinfects respiratory passages, and is recommended for cases of sinusitis, bronchitis and asthma.
– Red radish possesses the same properties, but is less powerful than black radish. On the other hand red radish leaves are rich in pro-Vitamin A, and should be added to salads and soups.
– Radish is not good for persons suffering from hyperacidity and stomach or duodenal ulcers.