– Rich in glucides and iron.
– Figs act as a mild laxative.
– Recommended as a fortifier for children and persons convalescing from an illness.
– Fig juice kills many types of bacteria.
– Figs soothe chapped lips, as well as inflammation of the mouth and gums.
– Japanese researchers have identified an anti-carcinogenic substance in figs, and have had great success using injections to treat cancer patients.
– Recommended for the treatment of haemorrhoids (mixed with milk) and liver problems.
– Dried figs contain more calories than fresh figs.