Turkey drumsticks coated in a piquant, spicy mixture and grilled [broiled] is a tasty way of using up leftover turkey. Wings and breasts may be used in the same way. Serve zvith a tomato salad.
- 2 teaspoons prepared French mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared English mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 turkey drumsticks, cooked
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Combine the mustards, tomato sauce, ginger, pepper, salt and cayenne in a shallow bowl.
- With a small, sharp knife, score the drumsticks on both sides. Using a pastry brush, brush the drumsticks with the melted butter. Roll the drumsticks in the mustard mixture and coat them well. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill [broiler] to moderate.
- Remove the drumsticks from the marinade and place them on the grill [broiler] pan. Grill [broil] them for 10 minutes, or until they are crisp and brown on all sides.
- Remove the drumsticks from the heat and serve at once.