Almonds are rich in calcium potassium, phosphorous and iron. They help:
– re-mineralize the body
– balance the nervous system
– maintain genital functions
– prevent respiratory problems by acting as a natural antiseptic.
To prevent ulcers, eat three almonds a day. You should not eat almonds if you suffer from:
– obesity (almonds contain a lot of calories)
– liver problems
– hyperchlorhydric gastritis
– chronic nosebleed or other types of haemorrhage.
Almonds are easier to digest when they are lightly grilled. Sweet almond oil is a gentle laxative and purgative, recommended for children.
Applied externally, almond oil
– helps alleviate symptoms of eczema
– soothes burns
– restores dry skin (it can be used on any part of the body, including the face, and makes an excellent treatment for dry chapped hands)
Almonds are very nutritious and high in energy. They help reconstitute nerve cells, have an antiseptic effect on the intestines, and are rich in albumin. Eat a maximum of 10 to 15 per day, mixed with figs, hazelnuts and raisins.