Vitamin B1 helps treat the herpes virus. Many people need more B1:
– regular alcohol drinkers
– people who eat a lot of sweets
– pregnant or breast feeding women
– women who take the pill
– persons who take antacids after meals (antacids destroy Vitamin B1).
If you fall into one or a number of these categories, you should make sure you are getting enough B vitamins. Your best sources are wheat germ, whole grains and yeast. Other sources, although they contain less B1, include:
– milk and dairy products
– egg yolk
– the green part of vegetables (very small amounts).
Vitamin B5, which is destroyed by alcohol, caffeine, contraceptive pills, sleeping pills and sulfonamides, is used to strengthen the immune system by synthesizing antibodies. It is indispensable for the treatment of various skin disorders, including herpes.
Good sources of B5:
– brewer’s yeast
– honey, royal jelly, molasses
– tomatoes, spinach
– sunflower seeds
– beef, poultry, liver, kidney
– grains and sprouted grains
– rice and wheat bran
Vitamin E helps soothe skin irritation and accelerates the healing of pustules. It can be applied directly to the skin, as a cream or ointment.
Garlic has antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Ingest the following nutrients every day:
– 4 living brewer’s yeast capsules
– 3 wheat germ lozenges
– 1 salad containing dandelion, watercress and/or lettuce, seasoned with first cold pressed extra virgin sunflower seed oil and cider vinegar
– 1 teaspoon of wheat germ
And the following at least once a week:
– 12 oysters
– 1 salad composed of lentils, seasoned with parsley and sunflower seed oil
– calves liver
– 1 mushroom salad
– As for meat, opt for lamb, which contains more zinc.
– If you suffer from recurring herpes sores, try to stop eating chocolate and walnuts altogether, and eat as many apples as you can.
– Note that severe or prolonged stress can trigger an attack of herpes, usually in the form of cold sores on the lips. Herpes can also affect the genital organs, and be sexually transmitted (transmission usually occurs if the partner’s immune system is deficient). Magnesium chloride is often prescribed as part of the medical treatment for herpes. Take large doses for 3 days, then gradually reduce the amount. Dissolve your magnesium chloride in a glass of water mixed with a little fruit juice (lemon, grape, apple) and drink, preferably in the morning.