– Rice contains a lot of Vitamin B3, and is also rich in phosphorous and potassium.
– Try to eat whole grain rice whenever possible. It is much richer in vitamins, minerals and fibre than white rice, which has been stripped of its husks.
– White rice should be avoided by diabetics. Because it is stripped of fibre, it causes a much more rapid rise of blood sugar levels than other grains.
– Whole grain rice
– lowers blood pressure
– combats diarrhoea (very effective)
– prevents the formation of kidney stones
– helps heal psoriasis
– Persons with stomach ulcers should avoid rice.
– Rice also triggers allergic reactions in some people, characterized by gastrointestinal discomfort.