– Quinces are golden or greenish-yellow apple-shaped fruit with a hard flesh, used in preserves. They are rich in pro-Vitamin A, B-complex vitamins and Vitamin C.
– Recommended as a remedy for diarrhoea, liver insufficiency, bronchitis and appetite loss.
– Astringent, toning intestinal muscles.
– An infusion of flowers promotes sleep.
– Quince cannot be eaten raw. Use them to cook compote (best combined with apples) or to prepare jam or jelly. Commercially prepared quince jam (delicious) is available in most health food stores.