– Red gooseberries are acidic, and therefore not recommended for persons suffering from heartburn.
– They stimulate perspiration, and are recommended for persons with fever or suffering from constipation.
– Yellow gooseberries stimulate secretions of saliva and clean teeth. They facilitate digestion, and alleviate symptoms of gout, cystitis or renal colic (use the leaves to prepare herbal tea).
– A gooseberry cure (eat the berries or drink gooseberry tea) in spring purifies the blood.
– In case of gastrointestinal problems, mix gooseberry and raspberry juice.