– Generally rich in protein, vitamins and minerals, fish are a staple of people’s diets around the world.
– According to recent studies, fish – and especially oily, cold water fish like herring, mackerel and salmon, possess a number of therapeutic properties. Lean fish don’t contain as much oil as oily fish, and it is fish oil (more precisely a fatty acid called Omega-3) that endows fish with their numerous beneficial properties.
– keeps the blood fluid
– protects veins and arteries
– lowers triglyceride levels in the blood
– lowers levels of harmful LDL cholesterol (the kind that forms deposits on artery walls)
– reduces blood pressure
– reduces the risk of heart attack (apoplexy, embolism, infarct)
– helps alleviate arthritic symptoms
– alleviates migraine pain
– combats inflammation
– balances the immune system