– Rich in glucides and fibre, dates:
– are highly nutritious
– make an ideal fuel for muscles
– act as a tonic for the nervous system
– strengthen you body and provide it with minerals
– Recommended for cases of:
– constipation (dates act as a gentle laxative)
– dry cough
– Contraindicated for persons suffering from diabetes, colitis or gastritis.
– Try to buy natural dates, not coated with glucose. If you buy sugar-coated dates, soak them in water for an hour before eating. Take advantage of any opportunity to buy fresh dates in season.
– Date spread makes a good substitute for sugar and butter.