– Cabbage is composed of about 85% water, 6% carbohydrates, 4% fibre and about 5% protein (including essential amino acids, mainly linoleic and linolenic acids). 344
– Use cabbage leaf compresses if you suffer from neuralgia, sciatica, gout, sore muscles, bronchitis, skin eruptions, inflammation of a cut or wound, or varicose ulcers.
– Apply fresh cabbage juice on skin eruptions or areas of inflammation.
– Cabbage juice, taken internally, is very effective for treating stomach or duodenal ulcers.
– A cabbage juice cure (one glass of fresh juice per day) is recommended for cases of acne, asthma, bronchitis, catarrh, constipation, depression (especially after a long winter), dermatitis, liver congestion, gout, kidney problems and gastric or varicose ulcers.
– Cabbage juice revitalizes your body, helps balance your nervous system and disinfects and purifies the blood.
– Since cabbage contains a lot of vitamins and oligo-elements and few carbohydrates, it is an ideal food for diabetics.
– Cabbage contains sulphur (beneficial for respiratory problems and greasy skin) and arsenic (tones and stimulates the body).
– Cabbage promotes longevity by stimulating the production of antibodies and making the immune system more effective.
– Sauerkraut is very rich in vitamins (especially Vitamin C), minerals and lactic acid, which is a powerful internal disinfectant. There’s nothing better for curing constipation than eating sauerkraut regularly, or drinking a glass of sauerkraut juice in the morning.
– Sauerkraut is also very good for your skin, keeping it supple and firm.
– You can mix cooked sauerkraut with some raw sauerkraut to make a delicious, highly nutritious side dish (cooking removes many of sauerkraut’s beneficial properties, as does washing).
– Cabbage is full of substances that are known to be anti-carcinogenic (indols, flavonoids, phenols). People who eat cabbage regularly rarely develop cancer of the intestine, stomach, lungs, esophagus, prostate, mouth, larynx or pharynx (all members of
Camembert cheese the cruciferous family of plants – Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, etc. – help prevent cancer).
– Eat cooked or raw cabbage regularly to take full advantage of its highly therapeutic effects.