– Rich in carotene and potassium.
– Poor in Vitamin C.
– A mild laxative.
– Fortifying and very juicy.
– Recommended for persons suffering from fever.
– Aid to digestion.
– Dried apricots help alleviate constipation.
– Beneficial for persons with heart problems, because of their potassium content.
– Apricots strengthen the immune system.
– Rich in pro-Vitamin A, they help prevent or fight cancer.
– Fresh apricots have a calming effect on the nervous system.
They can be given to children suffering from diarrhoea, although most other fruits are prohibited (remember that dried apricots have a laxative effect).
– Apricots can be eaten fresh (only when ripe), lightly cooked (in compote), dried, or pressed into juice.