There is no English equivalent for abaisse (AH-bays), a French pastry-making term generally used to describe a sheet or piece of pastry which, depending on the use for which it is intended, has been rolled out to a certain thickness. The word abaisse is also used to describe a layer of sponge cake or the undercrust of pastry.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.

Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter
Share On Google Plus